A village on the Bank of River Cauvery which is located on 1.5km from Thiruvaiyaru (soil for karnatic music) of Tanjore District.The historic name of this village is “Thiruneythanam”.The late Thillaisthanam Rama Iyengar was a senior disciple of great Thyagaraja had lived here.
If you are native of Thillaisthanam you can click here to Share things between our native people
This is the village of well developing in all the criteria . Four temples are located near by near.Land Mark for this place as follows
- Lord Srinivasa Perumal Temple
- Naiyadiappar(Lord Ishwaran )Temple
- Ilangovai Amman(The Kaalli) Temple
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimhar Temple
- Sri RamaKrishna Middle School && Orphanage.
Lord Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple:
Photo album of kumabishegam can view from the following links
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is there in west side of Thillaisthanam Agraharam. There are huge number of families in and around Thillaisthanam agraharam keeps Sri Srinivasa Perumal as their favorite family God in their life. From the Cauvery end, This temple is the third one among three temples.
The main kobura vasal itself act as Vaigunda vasal in Vaigunda Egadasi period and Srinivasa permal sannithi is towards east side.
Pavithrotsavam is an another function which is being celebrated for 6 days in the month of October.
It is celebrated for the world welfare and peace by chanting Slokas and let Yaagam in both morning and evening for 5 days. Purnaavadhi is the important event in the Yaagam.
Sixth day this celebration will be ended by the function Theerthvaari. In this function utsavar take holy bath in the river cauvery at that all the devotee will take holy bath with Perumal.
It is like compensation to the God in the event of mis-behavior which may taken place knowing or unknowingly in the Pooja in that whole year.
Lakshaarchanai & Kalyana Utsavam is another function is being celebrated in the month of August.
It is the function in which 1008 different names of Perumal being chanted for every devotee , who enroll their name for this pooja for the benefit of their family welfare. Totally a lakh times God name would be chanted in this period.
It is Followed by the Kalayana Utsavam.It is the big event where the arrangements are more than a person marriage.First day with Jaanavasam and second day follow by the marriage.The feast lunch will be Provided for the whole villagers.
Margazhi Bhajans is taken place in the month of December.
During this 30 days of this month the temple will be opened by 4am, villagers actively participate in the early morning Bhajan.
It starts in the Bajan Mantapam at 5a.m. and people by singing God’s songs would cover the whole street and return back to temple by 6am. At that time Dhanur month pooja will take place to perumal and its ended by 6.30 am. Its the activity during the whole margazhi(app:December) month.
Other than the above festival Perumal Purapadu take place during the following days
Sravanam, Aegadhesi,Ammavaasai,Maasa Pirapu,Akshyathrudhiyai, Vaikunda Aegadesi,AAdipuram, Panguni uthram.
Sannithies of the Temple:
Belief and Truth behind :-
A very powerful God, like Thirupathi Temple here too all utsavam like Brahma Utsavam,Pavithra utsavam,Kalayana Utsavam,Radha Kalyana utsavam, Bhajans,etc are carrying out by the villagers very well.
Brahma utsavam is the very fantastic event which is the 10 days festival. Both in morning and evening Perumal rounds the four street around the temple.Night time Perumal will come in different vaagana like(horse, Garudan,Elephant,etc) and it will ended with 10th day car festival.
People are doing seperate Prayers by donating amount for doing separate Kalyana utsavam, Purapadu, which results the devotees prayer’s into success.
click here for Brahma Utsavam 2010 Photos
People wish to do separate purapadu and other prayers to this temple can contact the following person.
Sri Sudharsana Kaingarya Sabha,
6/35,Agraharam,Thillaisthanam, Tanjore-District, Pin code-613203, Phone Number :04362-260324 Mobile Number:9842678983,9965602302
Naiyadi Appar Temple:
This is the Historic temple in which APPAR,SUNDARAR,ARUNAGIRI NADHAR had sung on Lord Siva.
Sri Neiyadi Appar Temple:
One of the ancient temple in Tanjore district. This temple built in 8th century AD by First Aditya Chola (AD 871-901).
This temple is one of the 274 thevaara sthalams and 52nd out of 63 thevara sthalams situated in north bank of cauvery. Thirunaavukkarasar has sung 5 pathigam (verse), Thirugnanasambandar has sung 1 pathigam and Sundarar has sung 1 song about this god.
Beauty of Neyyadiappar Temple :-
The Lord Shiva (Naiyadiyappar) temple ) describe the beauty of the temples and village as equivalent to Lord shiva manakolam. This temple comprises of 2 Prahaaram. One is not so big which is particularly for lord shiva.And in yhis praaharam there are seperate Sannadhis for Lord Ganapathy,Lord Murugan, Lord Dhakshnamoorthy,Lord Saraswathy and Also 6 siva Lingam which are also there to indicate brothers of this temple Shiva from the rest of the below(under next heading) listed places of lord shiva temple.And there is an another Praharam which is very big. On the day of every Pradhosham swami Purapdau takes place in this big praharam.
The earliest name of Thillaisthanam village is “Thriunaithanam”. As Thirunavukarasar told in Devaram pathigangal, if anybody even think about the village “Thirunaithanam” , surely they improve a lot in their devotional path. In this case, imagine how it will be if we visit the village Thillaisthanam regularely.Grand Festival Of the Temple:-
This is the Historic temple in which APPAR,SUNDARAR,ARUNAGIRI NADHAR had sung on Lord Siva.
SABDHASTHANAM ” is a famous festival being celebrated here by 7 villages around Thiruvaiyaru.
- THIRUNEITHANAM (THILLAISTHANAM)
A Brief about famous festival Sabdasthanam:
SABDA means seven and STHANAM means place (temple).
It believes that the people from seven villages near Thiruvaiyaru (refer seven villages above) might have been decided to celebrate a marriage festival to Swami Ayyarappar on CHITRA POWRNAMI On that occasion they also been planned to gather seven gods of their village at that marriage being held in Thiruvaiyaru. For that Swami Ayyarappar will go to nearby villages in person to invite other 6 gods for his marriage.
The day before CHITRA POWRNAMI, in the morning Swami Ayyarappar (Swamy of Thiruvaiyaru) will start his trip to visit other Sabdasthanam temples. All the 7 god including neyyadiappar will gather in cauvery soil and there will be a wonderful crackers show will be shown in the air in front of thousands of people.
The next day morning all the 6 gods will go together behind Swami Ayyarappar (swamy of Thiruvaiyaru) to Thiruvaiyaru and participate in the Marriage function. In the evening all of them will back to their place.
Elangovai Amman Temple:
History of the Temple :-
Once, Sri Bhagavathi Amman of Kerala wants to have a temple near the Holy river of Cauvery. So, she ordered people through a village shepherd to pack her idol in a palm leaf box and let that into the Holy river of Cauvery. As per the instruction they let the box into the Cauvery, it travelled all the way to the Holy place of Thillaisthanam along with retinue (ie., Malayala Karuppu, Madurai Veeran and others). Mean time a Brahmin couples (pregnant lady and her husband) were crossing the way through Thillaisthanam, they took rest near cauvery because of tiredness. Mean while a voice from heaven (Asareeree) came and instructed to that man to take the palm leaf box from Cauvery river and to place it besides the Alli Kulam (Lilli Pond) near the river, if he do so, his wife will deliver a male baby in a easy manner. As per the instruction he placed the idol near alli kulam (Lilli pond) and he came back to river to take care of his wife, mean while her wife delivered a male child and she said a small girl came and helped her to deliver a baby. Suddenly a young girl gave a dharshan with soolam to that couple and blessed them. Then they established separate Temple with that Statue.From that day The Goddess Elangovai Amman is wary( guardianship) for our entire village(Thillaisthanam).
Sri Laksmi Narasimhar Temple:-
This temple is established and maintained by the H.H. 45th & 46th Jeer of Sri Ahobila Mutt.
This small temple is facing North side and Moolavar Sri Lakshmi Narasimhar is also facing north side along with Sri Hayagreevar, Swami Nammalwar, Swami Ramanujar and Swami Sri Desigan. Separate Thirumadaippalli is there in this temple.
Sri Ramakrishna Middle School: (since 1925)
This School had started in the year 1925 by VeeraRagavachary(Veeru Iyyengar)& his brother for uplifting of villagers to eradicate the word illiterate from the place. Just imagine before our nation’s independence how our villages would be.
This school had been crossing 85 years since, and alumni of this school are now in very very great height across the world.This school now having up to 8th standard.Later 70’s they had started orphanage where the young orphans could join and continue their studies upto 8th standard.Children from surrounding villages have been studying here.
Last Week 25-03-2012(Sunday) the grand function of 100th birthday celebration of Mr.Veeraraghavachariar(The Founder of the School) and Swami Vivekanada 150th birthday were celebrated by the School Alumni .People who are all in good position today came there and were speaking the experience had in the school days and appreciated Veeru sir for his selfless service for the village in the year between 1920’s to 1960’s. Their speeches were really touched. This function is completely took over by alumni.
The touching part in that function was that they had given memento to all the direct heirs and family of Veeru sir.
The function was ended by the Great upanyaasam of the leading celebrity Mrs. Saraswathi Ramanathan on Seetha Kalyanam . Last week Our Village was in full of celebration mood.Mr.T.V.Ranganathan, THE SECRETARY, Sri RamaKrishna Middle School,
Agraharam, Thillaisthanam, Tanjore-District, Pin code-613203, Phone Number :04362-260324 HOME FOR THE DESTITUTES AND THE ORPHANS:-(Sri Ramakrishna Maanavar Illam (orphanage) Around the globe the status of an Orphan is the same irrespective of their Caste, Creed or Religion. This is becoming a serious problem to every Nation with no solution. To cater to such poor destitute children an orphanage namely SRI RAMAKRISHNA MAANAVAR ILLAM was started in the year 1975. Around 150 Children from surrounding villages have been studying here and being benefited through this Orphanage. The Orphanage is providing free food, cloths, shelter, notebooks, pencils and pens. In case any medical assistance needed to the orphans they themselves provide Medicines and pay doctor fees without any charging orphans. They are being looked after with great care and affection. GERIATRIC CARE:- Old age people are becoming the neglected members of the society and are denied their due respect and care. Owing to their age and disability to do the work by themselves and no earning, they are being treated as a burden in the family. They have to depend on other members of the family and hence they are discarded by the society. EXPENSES FOR 150 DESTITUTE ORPHANS Per DayBreak fast Rs. 1500/-Lunch Rs. 2000/-Dinner Rs. 1500/-
Total Expense per day is Rs. 5000/-
EXPENSES FOR 25 OLD AGE PERSONS
Break fast Rs. 250/-
Lunch Rs. 500/-
Dinner Rs. 250/-
Total Expense per day is Rs. 1000
AN APPEAL: –
If you want to serve the Old Age persons and Destitute Children Kindly help us
By sponsoring to any of the above through Cheque / D.D. in favor of
You can be a part of SRI RAMAKRISHNA MAANAR ILLAM by sponsoring any of the following needs. You
can share in cash or in any kind on any day or to mark specific occasions like Birthdays, Wedding or Anniversary days.
SRI RAMAKRISHNA MAANAVAR ILLAM
(CONSTITUTED UNDER ACT XXI OF 1860)
RECOGNISED BY THE GOVT. OF TAMILNADU
THILLAISTHANAM & POST
THIRUVAIYARU T.K., THANJAVUR DISTRICT.
TAMILNADU, SOUTH INDIA – PIN: 613 203
Phone Number: 04362-262713 Mobile Number: 9443550734, 9486575759, And 9843441381